The wireless method is a new, fast and easy balancing method that involves simultaneous measurements with two Dp sensors.
One person with a single TA-SCOPE handheld instrument and two Dp Sensors can balance large, complex systems.
To apply the method, match the flow ratios displayed on screen for each valve.
||Each valve only needs to be accessed 1-2 times, which speeds up the balancing process.
Get started with the TA-Wireless method
Before you start, make sure that the TA-SCOPE is set in 2 Dp Sensor mode.
- Connect one of the Dp-sensors to the reference valve (Nr 5).
- Preset the reference valve as instructed by the instrument:
- The presetting value if calculated with TA Select. Otherwise setting for 3 kPa at design flow.
- Check that the flow ratio is high enough (>90% if valves are open).
- Connect the other Dp-sensor to the first upstream-valve (Nr 4).
- Measure the flow.
- Adjust valve (Nr 4) until its flow ratio = the flow ratio in the reference valve.
- Perform step 4 to 6 for each valve in the module and adjust the partner valve at the end.
For more information on how to use TA-SCOPE and its associated Wireless and Diagnostic methods, please contact your IMI Hydronic Engineering representative for a demonstration.