We design and manufacture industry-leading hydronic products and solutions that give you control at every turn and help create energy-saving, cost-efficient HVAC installations.
Ensuring you have control at every turn is what we’re all about. We’ve developed a range of applications and software downloads to help you design, install and optimize every type of HVAC solution.
Download library We’ve created an extensive library of product-related technical documentation and a wide range of other useful information to help you get the most out of our globally-renowned products and solutions.
The Compensated Method is a further development of the Proportional Method, with three main advantages:
Select ΔpR based on recommendation in section 3, normally 0.44 psi. We call this preliminary value ΔpRo. Proceed with balancing according to the Compensated Method.
When you reach the index circuit, you will note that it is impossible to obtain design flow since the differential pressure is only 4.21 psi, while it would take more than 5.80 psi to obtain design flow. Perform the following steps:
7. Shut the balancing valve (V2) of the index circuit and readjust the correct flow in the reference with the Partner Valve. Measure the differential pressure across V2. Call this value Δpo.
8. Preset V2 so that its pressure drop will be approximately 0.44 psi for design flow.
9. Open the partner valve to obtain the design flow in the index circuit.
10. Measure the flow in the reference circuit. Calculate the flow ratio λ = flow measured/design flow.
11. The new value of ΔpR to be set on the Reference Valve is given by the formula:
12. Preset the Reference Valve to obtain this pressure loss for design flow, and rebalance the entire branch.
Compared with fig 6, the result of this procedure is given in fig 7.
Get in touch